Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sleep time!!

Tonight was the first night savannah cried and wouldn't let me go at bed time. its Ricky's turn to put her to bed, so I hugged her and said goodnight! But she wanted me, broke my heart but I explained to her, daddy's taking you ill be there soon. I not and never have been one for the "cry it out" method with baby's! I have never put my baby to sleep upset. Just my opinion, but bed time should be a peaceful comfortable time. I don't know how people can listen to there kids scream and not wanna hold them. That's just me. I wish it was easy just put her in bed and say goodnight love you and walk out, but it's not that way over here! Every night we brush her teeth, get her pjs on! Then go lay down I hold her hand and tell her a story or read to her. Then say night night I love you! And I stop talking to her until she falls asleep. It takes about 30 to 45 min depending on how tired she is. Some people might think it's nuts that I do that. But personally it's better for her and me for her to fall asleep happy and calm feeling safe. And I would rather lay next to her for 45 min then hear her cry and scream for her mommy for 45 min. And some might say well if you did this from the start she wouldn't cry anymore? not true! i know people's kids that's still cry at 4 years old at bed time. When she was a baby it's was pretty easy we would hold her or rock her to sleep and then put her in her bed! She does sleep in our room but she has always been in her own bed! And once once she's asleep, I leave the room and go do my own thing. Every one has there own way of doing things and I say what ever works for you! But I don't believe baby's learn to fall asleep on their own if you leave them to scream it out, they just cry so much and get so exhausted there little emotions shut down, and that's why they fall asleep. Because they are tired of crying, And feel abandoned. Sad way to fall asleep I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment